A Renaissance in Kahala
Five of the Kahala properties formerly owned by Japanese investor Genshiro Kawamoto have been listed by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties and assigned to a blue ribbon sales team. Realtors Tracy P. Allen, Beth Chang and Anne Hogan Perry are jointly marketing the five properties, all located on Kahala Avenue.
Last September, Alexander & Baldwin Inc. announced that the company had purchased approximately 30 Kawamoto properties in Kahala, Wind-ward Oahu, and on Maui for $98 million.
The company’s plan was to begin an effort to clean, clear, refurbish and prepare the properties for resale. The plan was welcomed by Kahala residents who had been observing the deteriorating condition of Kawamoto-owned properties and their negative impact on portions of the upscale neighborhood over a period of nearly a decade.
According to the Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties sales team, which is working with Alexander & Baldwin in readying the five properties for market, the community is “elated by Alexander & Baldwin’s vision and commitment to the restoration of Kahala Avenue.”
“Kahala is a world-renowned destination, and we feel very fortunate to be able to bring these spectacular properties to market,” says The Team of the Avenue. “They represent some of Hawaii’s most valuable real estate.”
Here’s a closer look at each of the five properties:
* 4663 Kahala Ave. Priced at $22 million, this home was built in 1989 and is the largest of the properties with a total of 55,937 square feet extending from Kahala Avenue to the
shoreline. With approximately 17,000 square feet of interior living area, it includes 10 bedrooms, 9 full baths, lanais overlooking the gardens, swimming pool and ocean, and a separate area for staff and/or guests.
“This property is a trophy estate, located in the center of ‘The Avenue’ with a spectacular sandy beachfront of 119 linear feet and a beautiful swimming spot,” say Team members.
* 4439 Kahala Ave. Priced at $13.5 million, this property is vacant and ready for new construction. The total parcel is 35,428 square feet with 97 feet of beach frontage. An opportunity exists to combine the property with adjacent ocean-front parcels to create a “mega estate” with approximately 525 linear feet of beach frontage.
“4439 is one of our favorites,” the Team says. “Its elevated setting complete with a sea wall provides a ‘bird’s eye view’ of the waterfront setting and rolling waves along the outer reef.”
* 4332 Kahala Ave. Priced at $2.95 million and built in 1989, this residence is located on a 13,500-square-foot lot with mature trees. The two-story stucco home includes 5 bedrooms, 4 full baths, and a total living area of 6,489 square feet.
“This residence was extremely well built and includes many commercial grade features. It provides an excellent opportunity for a buyer looking for a home in a premier neighborhood,” says Team members.
* 4744 Kahala Ave. Priced at $3.375 million, this property is 20,021 square feet and zoned R-5. A buyer’s option would be to build one home on the lot or purchase 4758 Kahala Ave. directly adjacent to create a mega estate with side by side lots totaling 37,861 square feet.
“This end of the avenue is favored for its proximity to The Kahala Hotel and Waialae Country Club,” the Team says.
* 4758 Kahala Ave. Priced at $2.995 million, this parcel is 17,480 square feet, cleared, ready for new construction and zoned R-5. The property is on the mountainside of Kahala Avenue with access to a sandy section of Kahala Beach just across the street.
“A builder might want to take advantage of an option to also acquire a neighboring property for a total of 37,861 square feet. It is almost impossible to duplicate this opportunity in Kahala!” the Team says.