Applications Available For Guild Giving Foundation’s College Scholarship Program
In February 2017, the Guild Giving Foundation launched its first annual scholarship program. Now each year, the foundation will award up to 10 collegiate scholarships, worth $1,500 each, to full-time students from across the country.
All Guild Giving Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
• U.S. citizens or nationals
• Minimum current 2.5 GPA, supported by official high school or college transcripts, or other official records
• Be enrolled full-time in a U.S. high school, have graduated from a U.S. high school or have obtained a U.S. GED at the time of application; OR be enrolled full-time as a college student at the undergraduate or graduate level
• Must be accepted or enrolled in a full-time collegiate or trade school program which includes accredited colleges, community colleges, trade schools, undergraduate and graduate degree programs
* As full-time students, community members, Guild customers, Guild employees and their dependents are eligible.
How The Program Works
Submit the following application materials to GuildGiving@GuildMortgage. net:
• Completed application form, including a one-page essay and statement of career objectives
• Official high school or college transcripts demonstrating current average GPA of 2.5 or higher
• One letter of reference or recommendation from a teacher, coach, or other adult who is not an immediate relative
• Incomplete or illegible applications will not be considered.
Application materials must be received by April 15. An independent third party committee will review all submissions and select the award recipients. All scholarship applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by June 15. The scholarship monies will be dispersed directly to the recipient’s school of choice upon notification and in accordance with the school’s scholarship guidelines.
Find applications online at: http://www.guildgiving.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Scholarship-Form2.pdf or for more information, please contact Guild Mortgage Company’s (NMLS#3274) Honolulu Branch at 744-6420, Kailua Branch at 263-4622, Waikele Branch at 369-7153, or Hilo Branch at 933-1095.