Are you a property owner or do you manage rentals?
You can’t afford to miss this seminar!
12th Annual NARPM Property Management Seminar
“Protect Yourself: Reduce Risk & Liability”
Coming up Tuesday, August 15, 2017!
The National Association of Residential Property Managers Oahu Chapter will host its 12th Annual Property Management Seminar on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 from 8:10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Japanese Cultural Center Manoa Ballroom – 2454 S. Beretania Street.
This popular event sells out every year so we urge you to make your reservations early. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn how to effectively and safely manage your rentals from the leading experts in the industry. You will also get to take home a binder filed with important industry forms, current housing and landlord codes and other important documents which will help point you in the right direction when managing your rental.
Rental properties can be a great investment if managed carefully. It’s a tough job and when not handled properly can be a nightmare!
Please come join us at this seminar and learn how to reduce your risk and liability.
Although our main objective is to educate individuals who manage their own investment properties, those who are new to the business of property management or even the seasoned property manager will take away something at this one-day event as the speakers have been carefully selected to educate us on a multitude of topics.
You asked and we answered: so here is the great line-up of speakers and topics that we have especially for you!!!!
• Are you familiar with the laws regarding smoking and Medical Marijuana? Jill Tamashiro with the State Department of Health will be delivering information about how to keep your properties smoke free! She will provide specific insight on how to bring this up and discuss it with your tenants staying within the confines of the law.
• Dr. Helen Spafford from the University of Hawaii at Manoa will lead a discussion on urban pests and how to protect against them and reduce repair costs due to infestation. Are you aware there is a termite pandemic? Learn more about these insects that are especially prevalent in Hawaii!
• Thomas Hall with Property Inspections Hawaii will teach us to navigate the many regulations surrounding PV panels. We will learn the pros and cons of leasing vs. purchasing and how it affects the sale of your property and the amount you can charge a tenant for electrical use. He will also help us understand how to inspect these items.
• We are honored to have as our keynote speaker, Flo Johnasen with Brain Gym International. She will mix it up a bit by talking about how to build right brain and left brain connectivity to get organized and build focus.
• Honolulu Fire Department inspector, Nelson H. Makua, will discuss how to prevent fires including how to properly maintain and use a fire extinguisher which is an easy non-expensive way of protecting your rental. He will also discuss what you do if a fire occurs in your property and how to recover from this devastation.
• Finally back by popular demand our Question and Answer session! Our expert panel will address several hot topic issues including Comfort & ESA Animals, Application Screening, Security Deposit Distributions, Disparate Impact Claims & a 2017 Legislative Update and 2018 Legislative Forecast. After which there will be a lively question and answer session where you can have your questions answered! So put your thinking caps on and bring your questions on any topic!
The $150 early bird registration by August 8, 2017 will cover the seminar, breakfast pastries and beverages, a buffet lunch, on-site parking (an additional $6.00) and the very popular binder which contains forms and sample letters you can use and copy for your property management business. Please register early to guarantee a seat. Late registration after August 10, 2017 will be $200 and we will not be accepting walk-ins and/or on-site registrations. Register by email to Narpm.oahuchapter@gmail. com If you have any questions you may also call (808) 778-4824.
Early Bird Registration
August 8, 2017
No Walk-Ins and/or On-Site Registrations
Register by email:Narpm.email@example.com
Questions call: (808) 778-4824
aﬅer August 10, 2017