What you can buy for $275,000 or less
BY LISA LEE
You’d think with the median sale price of a home at $620,000 ($320,000 for a condo) on Oahu, it would be slim pickings if you only have, say, $275,000 to spend. After all, if the median is more than $550,000, can you really expect to find anything decent for half that price?
What several of the agents at Prudential Locations found when they put together this hot list of great properties priced in the $275,000-and-under range was that home-buying on a restricted budget can be a practical way to step into homeownership.
“We found properties from around the island that suit all types of interests and lifestyles, including a single-family home walking distance from a beach, a downtown condo with amenities, a Waikiki condo approved for short-term rentals, one with a Diamond Head view, town-homes with two or three bedrooms, and a bargain of a first condo in Mililani for just $200,000,” says Scott Higashi, Executive Vice President of Sales at Prudential Locations.
“What this means to you is that you don’t have to give up on your dreams just because you’re on a budget.”
Finding a great buy is just an Internet search away, and the Prudential Locations web-site provides buyers and sellers with more Oahu properties listed for sale than any other site. “Not only does our company’s website have all the properties listed in the Multiple Listing Service or MLS, it also includes foreclosures, new construction projects and properties that are For Sale By Owner,” Higashi says.
Here is a sampling of properties under $275,000:
* In Makaha, you’re right next to the beach in this Westside charmer! Cute and cozy, this updated 2 bed/1 bath single family home has an open floor plan, a large and level 6,000-plus square foot lot and updated plumbing with new pipes (some copper). This single family home has a townhouse price. MLS #: 1212649, List Price: $259,000
* Located in Mililani in the Kealohi Hale Patio Homes is a beautiful, 3 bed/1.5 bath corner unit with a large patio and rock garden. These homes have an almost 70 percent owner occupancy ratio and are conveniently located near schools, parks, and shopping. MLS #: 1210882, List Price: $269,000
* Nestled in Temple Valley in Kahaluu Gardens is a private corner unit with extra windows to showcase the lush garden and mountain views. Fresh paint, new laminate floors, carpet and counters help to make this a unique opportunity. MLS #: 1302186, List Price: $259,000
* If Waikiki is more your style, check out this 1 bedroom in Waikiki Park Heights. The convenient location is just a few blocks from the beach, surrounded by restaurants and shopping, and approved for short-term rentals. MLS #: 1211263, List Price: $249,000
* Forget commuting: live and work Downtown in a 1-bedroom unit in Executive Centre. The full kitchen has newer appliances and flooring. This mixed-use building has restaurants and 24-hour security. Leasehold. MLS #: 1302446, List Price: $150,000
* In Waianae, you can enjoy beautiful mountain views from a unique Hawaiian Homelands lease-hold opportunity on a 12,000 square-foot perimeter lot on a cul-de-sac. This above-average condition 3 bed/2 bath house has laminate and ceramic tile floors, new paint and more. MLS #: 1300453, List Price: $275,000
Don’t see what you’re looking for in this snapshot? Keep your eyes open and call your REALTOR, because, as Higashi explains, “New affordable properties are coming on the market each week, but they are moving fast as first-time buyers and investors are looking to capitalize on today’s record low interest rates before they increase.”
For more information on any of these properties, call (808) 377-4747.