14th Annual NARPM Property Management Seminar Coming up Tuesday, August 20, 2019!
Are You a Property Owner or Do You Manage Rentals?
You can’t afford to miss this seminar!
This year’s theme: “Facing The Challenges”
The Hawaii Chapter of the National Association of Residential Property Managers will present its popular annual “Mom and Pop” seminar geared to owners who manage their own property Tuesday, August 20, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Japanese Cultural Center of Hawaii, 2454 South Beretania Street, 5th Floor.
The deadline for registration is August 12, but early registration is advised, as this popular property management seminar often sells out early and seating is limited. Cost is $125 for NARPM members and $150 for non-members, $200 after August 13. Pre-registration is required to attend.
Included in the cost are breakfast pastries and beverage, a three-course buffet lunch, and the seminar binder with essential property management forms, including the Landlord-Tenant Code, Hawaii Association of Realtors rental agreement, move-in and vacating instructions, renter’s insurance information, and addenda covering pets, lead-based paint, house rules, and maintenance.
CHECK-IN, VENDOR TRADE SHOW OPENS
(7:30 – 8:00 a.m.)
NARPM – Oahu Chapter president Bradley Isa (S), REALTOR (8:00 a.m.)
Preparing Your Unit; Finding the Best Tenant Lurline Johnson, (B), RMP, REALTOR, Property Profiles, Inc.
• Safety/security issues, Insurance, Advertising, Application process, Screening tenants, How to avoid discrimination,Section 8(8:15 – 9:30 a.m.)
Check in Process; Repairs
Berton Hamamoto, (B), REALTOR, Property Profiles, Inc.
• Lease, Addenda, Lead Based Paint, Asbestos, Inventory & Condition Report, Repair deadlines, Unlicensed contractors, Handyman Law (9:50 – 11:05 a.m.)
Violence & Drugs
• Domestic Violence, Drugs in your unit (11:20 11:50 a.m.)
BUFFET LUNCH VENDOR DOOR PRIZES (11:50 a.m.)
Timothy Hiu, City & County Deputy Director • Vacation Rentals: Should I turn my rental into a vacation rental? Is it worth it? Is it legal? Where to report illegal vacation rentals. (12:20 – 1:00 p.m.)
Carl Frazier, (B), RMP, REALTOR, Cornerstone Properties
• Hoarders, Mold, Fire/Water damage, Pets, Fake service animals, Non-compliance of rules, Murder or tenant passing away inside your unit (1:15 – 2:05 p.m.)
Catherine Matthews, (B), REALTOR, Callahan Realty, Ltd.
• Check-out process, Security deposits, Normal wear and tear, Holdover tenants, Early termination of lease, Abandoned possessions (2:15 – 3:05 p.m.)
Zachary Kondo, Esq.
• I have my writ of possession… now what?, What Process Servers can and cannot do, How to collect on a Judgment, Retaliatory Evictions. (3:05 – 3:45 p.m.)
CLOSING & DOOR PRIZES
(3:45 – 4:00 p.m.)
Participants will have the opportunity to submit questions in handwriting at the time of the seminar. The presenters will also utilize an app that will give the participants the ability to answer survey questions in real time via text messaging. Having a smart phone is required for text messaging but participants will still be able to ask any question they may have in writing.
The Oahu Chapter of the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM) is an organization that supports the professional and ethical practices of rental home management through networking, education, and certification. The Oahu Chapter, founded in 2004, has become one of the largest in the nation with 230 registered members.